Residential Solar Sales-Charlotte
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Team:||Homeowner Energy Services|
|Description:||SEM is seeking a full-time Residential Solar Sales Specialist to work with our Homeowner Energy services team. This is an outside sales position, providing solar and energy efficiency services to homeowners. This position is based out of Charlotte, NC and is responsible for building and establishing successful and sustainable territory in the central and western NC region. Responsibilities of this position include performing outside sales calls as well as inside sales calls to meet or exceed sales goals. As part of the sales process, this position provides education, on-site analysis and preliminary solar system design for residential customers.|
To be successful in this position, a strong commitment to sustainable energy and dedication to the vision and mission of SEM is a must.
|Duties:||* Meet or exceed weekly/monthly sales targets |
* Perform outside/inside sales calls for both company and self-generated leads
* Educate potential clients about s olar products, incentives, environmental and financial benefits
* Perform complete and accurate on-site assessments to evaluate solar system potential, which includes assessments of attics, crawlspaces, roof surfaces, etc
* Generate proposals and perform basic solar system design
* Manage sales pipeline via Salesforce CRM
* Work evening/weekend hours as necessary for sales calls/events
* Collaborate with solar administration and solar project managers to deliver excellent service to residential customers
* Maintain contact with clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
* Participate in SEM marketing events, including public presentations
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products
* Ability understand the technical aspects of solar systems and incorporate into system design
* Ability to understand and communicate basic home energy use principles
* Ability to understand and communicate basic financial principles
* Familiar with Salesforce or other CRM
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must possess a valid driverís license and clean driving record
* Must be willing to travel out of the local area at least 10% of the time
* Must be willing to work evening/weekend hours as necessary to achieve sales goals
* Ability to take initiative and work independently while also collaborating in a team environment
* Associates Degree in related field
* Residential solar or energy efficiency sales experience
* Customer relations experience
* Home building experience
This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual, with outstanding growth potential. We are committed to sustainability at all levels of our organization, and believe that our success as a company depends on the success of every team member. We offer competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, long-term/short-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
If youíre ready to work hard, make a difference and have fun doing it, then you could be the person weíre looking for.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
You are a great team member if:
* You believe in our mission and want to be part of something bigger than yourself.
* You accept and embrace change.
* You have high expectations of yourself, and when you miss the mark you strive to learn from it.
* When you recognize a problem or issue, you try to help solve it.
* You prefer ambitious goals that require stretching and growing vs. playing it safe.
* You believe words matter, and you choose yours thoughtfully. Example, we are team members at SEM, not employees. If you get the difference implied, you are probably already on the same page with us.
* You recognize that itís not just what you do, but how you do it that determines your long-term success (and ours). This is at the root of our triple-bottom-line commitment.
* You want to love where you work. You want others to love it, too.
* You like making good things happen.
* You recognize that the choices you make every day add up to the legacy you leave behind.
* You are honest, trustworthy and have high integrity and choose to work with others like you.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.